[Board] My attendance in Portland

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 19:26:49 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff and others,
I think that it is important for an official OSGeo representative to be
at the FOSS4G conference to facilitate evangelising OSGeo, and OSGeo (or
FOSS4G) should cover expenses of this person. Ideally, this person
should be the OSGeo President, but could be someone else if the
president is not available.

I would envisage the representative would play quite a public role,
likely talking with many people at an OSGeo booth. This would typically
involve the representative also playing a lead role in ensuring the
OSGeo booth is set up and running smoothly.

Jeff, would you be ok with taking on this type of role? Could you please
expand on how you would envisage this working.