[Board] Board meeting 2014-07-17: minutes

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 05:12:50 PDT 2014

My votes for motions:

Accept minutes from last meeting
+1 Cameron

launch charter member election followed by board election ASAP, with the
goal of completing both before FOSS4G
+1 Cameron

authorize jmckenna to use money out of the strategic travel budget for
representing OSGeo as president in FOSS4G Portland (estimated to
3250$USD approx, to be reimbursed after upon presenting receipts
+1 Cameron

*to have the president attending the foss4g for free if the budget
permit his attendance with a maximum amount of money defined to 5000 US $*

-0 as worded. I'm ok with the amount, but before approving, I'd like to
see a budget, a summary of what is expected to be achieved, followed by
receipts. We have some good processes in place for other OSGeo spending,
like the code sprint guidelines [1]. I suggest something similar (but
simpler) should be put in place to justify travel.

A starting point could be the OSGeo Advocate Expenses section [2].

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Expenses

1. Have a plan

On 18/07/2014 8:42 pm, Anne Ghisla wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> here are the minutes and logs of yesterday's Board meeting:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-07-17
> (Minutes and motions are yet unapproved.)
>
> There has been discussion over elections 2014, strategic funding, OSGeo
> and Europe, and finally OSGeo's business model.
>
> My comment is that this has been one of the (few) meetings where there
> was less of the usual large consensus.
> Therefore I feel important to get thoughts from OSGeo members other
> than the current Board, as it is already happening in last emails. At
> the moment we have no better way to collect opinions and comments
> besides mailing lists and in-person discussions, that are notoriously
> difficult to summarise. (A wiki page is good to summarise, but not to
> discuss.) Nevertheless, I encourage members to speak up on these
> important topics.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anne

Cameron Shorter,