[Board] Board meeting 2014-07-17: Motions

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 04:25:11 PDT 2014

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:47:15 +0200
Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Board,
>
> here are the minutes of last meeting:

Hello Board,

here are my votes as well, and the summary of votes that I will copy to
wiki page.

> * MOTION: adopt minutes of 2014-06-12 meeting:
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-06-12

+1 from me

Total: 7 times +1, 2 times 0 (Jachym and Bart did not attend)

> * MOTION: launch charter member election followed by board election
>   ASAP, with the goal of completing both before FOSS4G, with Jorge
> Sanz as CRO

+1 from me even if it is after the motion's action has been completed.

Total: 7 times +1, 1 time 0 (Jachym), 1 time -1 (Gérald points out that
it is unuseful to vote after the motion's action has been already done.)

My note as scribe is that the object of a motion should not be started
if there is disagreement during the meeting. In this case there was
broad consensus during the meeting and quite some time pressure to
start election process, so there has been the formalisation of the vote
after the action had taken place.
I hope this makes sense to you Gérald, if not, let's think of another
(faster) way of confirming votes. Maybe one motion at a time. I am
afraid that the other two motions of the meeting did require some
discussion and slowed down the approval of the motion about election,
on which we were all agreeing.

> * MOTION: authorize Jeff to use money out of the strategic travel
>   budget for representing OSGeo as president in FOSS4G Portland
>   (estimated to 3250$USD approx, to be reimbursed after upon
> presenting receipts)

+1 from me.

Total: 7 times +1, Jeff and Jachym abstain

> * MOTION: to make it formal policy of OSGeo to allow president to
>   use 'strategic travel' budget to represent OSGeo at FOSS4G,
>   within the limits of strategic travel budget for current year and in
>   light of other expected travel requirements

+1 from me as I agree with the general intention. I second Cameron's
idea to make it more formal by integrating it into existing documents
like Advocate expenses.

Total: 3 times +1, 5 times 0, Jeff abstains.

So:

I declare all motions passed except the last one, which requires some
more thinking and acting.

Best
Anne
--