[Board] Election process 2014

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:31:21 PDT 2014

Hi Jorge and Alex, (cc board)

As per last board meeting:
/In response, the OSGeo board has agreed to trial tweaking the voting
process. The aim is to automatically accept recognised OSGeo community
leaders. We are inviting comments from the community to help us tweak
the process, and I have been allocated the task of collecting and
incorporating community feedback./

Digging around, it seems there are 2 pages needing updating:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2014
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process (draft being worked at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process_2014)

I notice one thing needing updating is that we are switching from using
an "email to the CRO" to using limesurvey. Alex, and/or Jorge, I think
you know the details for this? Could you please update
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process_2014 to describe the use
of LimeSurvey.

I'll continue over the next 14 hours or so updating these 2 pages with
proposed new text, will send to the board email list for comment, then
email to osgeo-discuss asking for comment in 24 hours.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager