[Board] OSGeo involvement in ufficial project

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Mon Mar 10 23:36:54 PDT 2014

Dear OSgeo Directors

as I happen sometimes to be invoved in applications for some european or national projects, I'm wondering if OSGeo wants to be involved in such appplications (and consequent projects)  and in which way (partnership, advisory board membership, supporting with an endorsement, nothing at all). Horizon2020 has started and in my opinion this could be an occasion at least of visibility also for OSGeo. I'm not speaking about possible involvement of single members of OSGeo, that's another story.

I realize that I'm asking that on a privileged point of view (Politecnico is one of the best technical university in Europe) and therefore there could be a reciprocal interest for both the parts and that, on the opposite,  you have to be cautios because obviosly you have to deal with a great variety of possible situations.

Thanks for considering this question, if you believe it fits the interests of OSGeo also.

Best.

Maria Brovelli

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus - Politecnico di Milano

Public Participation GIS: a FOSS architecture enabling field-data collection
 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17538947.2014.887150#.UwPVuIVnibF

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications" - Co-chair - OSGeo Charter Member - ICA - OSGeo Advisory Board Member - SIFET Scientific Commitee Member

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALIA)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it<mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it>
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it<mailto:prorettrice at como.polimi.it>