[Board] projects mailing list

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Oct 2 09:32:25 PDT 2014

Hi Gerald,

I really appreciate your ideas, this is great, thank you for taking the
time to describe this.

I like the plan to automagically integrate the wiki content directly
into our chosen content management system.

To add to your proposed call for next-OSGeo-design idea, I also wonder
if we as a Board could agree on putting aside funding for the winning
design/implementation from the community.  I am sure we could work with
the Treasurer and the existing budget[1] to see how we could fit this in
this year.  As the face of our organisation is so important (osgeo.org)
I think we should give more than fair compensation for such a
design/implementation (i.e. pay for professional-level longterm support
and design, as opposed to one-off ultra-competitive options like 99designs).

What do other Board members think of Gerald's ideas?

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2014

-jeff