[Board] resignation

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 15 14:52:24 PDT 2014

Andrew, I think I have been overly protective.  I am sorry.  Me getting
defensive is not helping anyone.

OSGeo and FOSS4G mean so much to me.

Throughout the years I have always been very careful to respect
organizations, in our ecosystem.  (twitter, emails, presentations,
everything)

I was somehow set off on the wrong track when I perceived that someone
could be trying to take control (not the best choice of words again) of
the beloved FOSS4G event.

I am sorry to cause any fear and derogatory statements to LocationTech
and yourself.  You work hard and are one of the leaders of the geo
community.

I also realize that I must represent the entire OSGeo and FOSS4G
community, at all times.  And I must be very careful with strong
statements or words, that most of the community may not agree with.

All this to say, I'm not feeling so great about how things went saturday
or today.  And I hope I didn't damage the relationship between OSGeo and
LocationTech.

-jeff