[Board] board sprint

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Sep 18 00:20:29 PDT 2014

Dear Jachym,
thanks for such a purpose that was already discussed during the Board Meeting on past saturday.

During this discussion, there were a third option which may be also taken into account and which consist in having a "Board sprint".
Let say one week of board f2f meeting where we can discuss somewhere in the world easily reachable for everyone.

In many places all over the world when big decisions have to be taken by governments, then the government work twice the time it works usually.

I think, and guess I am not alone, that it is an important moment for OSGeo, so we may consider having something like this happening.

I know that the board members may have other commitments, but regarding the importance of this moment it is maybe time to invest even more time to work deeply at this.

I hope that we can decide what is the better way to go and we can move on quickly to know the way we decide to have discussions more often.

Best regards,