[Board] board sprint

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 17 12:50:55 PDT 2014

> Hi all,
>
> I think, we have to address some points, from recent discussion,
> update our goals, other tasks have to be addressed. One-month IRC
> meeting does not seem to be appropriate for me.
>
> I would like to propose, we try something new, I call it "board
> sprint". We could connect more closely, discuss things, take some
> action, work collaborate, move on. I see actually two possibilities
> there:
>
> 1 - week-sprint, 2 hours hangout every day
> 2 - month-sprint, 2 hours hangout every week
>
> This shall probably happen as soon as everybody is set on his way back
> from foss4g and we know, who actually is on the board ;-)
>
> Than organise agenda, time slots, find "scrum master" (moderator) and
> do some work
>
> Any thoughts?

I like the idea of sprinting and allocating time to work together, to
be more proactive. I usually find myself working on tasks as they
come, big or small, but without any planning, and that's not good.
Having the chance to talk and work, at least during a small time could
be beneficial to give us a good pile of homework for a while.

What I doubt is if we can do something like #1, at least on my side
without some preparation. Option #2 seems more achievable, I think we
can find a good slot for everyone.

Cheers

--
Jorge Sanz