[Board] Polling charter members

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 19 08:04:29 PDT 2014

Steven your response was so good that I printed it out to read. Thank you.

On my paper I circled "If we want FOSS4G global to be a contributor to
OSGeo's funding" and "the purpose of OSGeo, how much funding it needs
and how it should be raised".  You hit the point I was trying to make,
that I think once we as a Board agree on what we need/want FOSS4G to be,
then we can take actions to make that happen.

Eg. if the Board decided revenue is super important, than we must
obviously dedicate resources to it, or, as we've seen with 2012, there
will be problems.

So, let's bring all this in the open and agree on what is FOSS4G to OSGeo.

-jeff