[Board] goals survey, review

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Tue Sep 23 22:36:53 PDT 2014

Hi Jachym,
I think you were referring to the OSGeo Board priorities, which we
developed ~ 2 years ago, and is on our OSGeo Board wiki.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Priorities

As a board is not in a position to direct a volunteer to do a specific
piece of work, the limit of influence which can be derived from board
priorities (or goals), is in prioritising how OSGeo money might be spent,
and to a limited extent, add encouragement to existing volunteer
initiatives.

Understanding this should help couch the nature of goals can be phased for
maximum adoption.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to address next topic on our "after FOSS4G agenda":
> Review of our Goals [1] and find out, what our community thinks.
>
> Either Jorge (AFAIK) proposed the same system, as used for our elections,
>
> or, I have scratched something in google docs
>

> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Kpviiyz1IDCvGcXU7_KwEecoNWMj-aYAQdlx80cYUaA/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Would that be enough? Good start? Do we need more? I hope, I did not
> leave someone's comments aside (I remember vaguely, Cameron
> volunteered to start wiki page about similar topic .. but more related
> to FOSS4G then? Anybody else? Sorry, if I missed that).
>
> Jachym
>
> [1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html
>
> --
> Jachym Cepicky