[Board] Please review: Open Letter asking to avoid format fragmentation in LiDAR standards

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 20 05:50:52 PDT 2015

> That would be good Maxi, as my concern is getting community feedback before
> the Board reviews such a request.
>
> Has this letter been sent yet to the general OSGeo community for review?
> (the Discuss list) I think it is great that the Standards group reviewed it,
> maybe now it is ready for the general OSGeo community.
>

> -jeff

At least it was sent to several Spanish lists by some OSGeo'ers. I
imagine they get into it thanks to the mail sent by Cameron to the
supporters of the previous open letter about Esri services or maybe
other mailing lists where this is being discussed.

I had to clarify there that this letter was not still officially
supported by the OSGeo Foundation Board and that at this moment is a
community open letter supported by the people signing it.

Best

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org