[Board] Please review: Open Letter asking to avoid format fragmentation in LiDAR standards

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Apr 22 05:18:22 PDT 2015

Maybe I can spin this another way, and ask these media-passionate
community members to dedicate time to our OSGeo Marketing Committee.
Or, join OSGeo's @new_item group to help publish our news releases. I'd
like that to come out of this great news release we've seen this week.

-jeff

On 2015-04-22 9:15 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Bart,
>
> I am referring to how Cameron pressured the OSGeo Board to respond to
> this before announcing, and then seeing that he contacted media directly
> beforehand.  I/we spent good effort debating this as requested, only to
> see it flying around the media with Cameron quotes anyway.  And I didn't
> even read a quote from Martin, that part was lost in the frenzy.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2015-04-22 9:01 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Jeff,
>>
>> can you please clarify what you mean by "supporting a single person's
>> agenda” ?
>>
>> Are you referring to Martin here?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>>> On 22 Apr 2015, at 13:52, Jeff McKenna
>>> <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Cameron, I personally don't appreciate supporting a single person's
>>> agenda, and was shocked yesterday to see strong quotes by you all
>>> over the media before the agreed time to release.
>>>
>>> I stand by my reaction.
>>>
>>> -jeff

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/