[Board] Financial limit on advances and guarantees to FOSS4Gs

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Aug 21 23:21:47 PDT 2015

Dear all,
I want to share my personal view  just to make discussion starting.

I see two very different cases.

1) organizers decide to make a foss4g conference to earn money. Remember
not only making profits but also get paid for organizing...

2) organizars decide to make a foss4g conference for other reasons as
vilunteers.

In case 1 the financial losts shall almost completely be on the organizer
side: it is their business risk.

In case 2 the financial risk may be on osgeo since he get the full revenue.
Only reimbursement for members and all shall be public and fully
transparent...

I would love to see a table with for each foss4g a row expressing:
- year and location
- n. of participants
- conference fee
- osgeo seed money amount