[Board] Resignation

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Dec 10 09:01:11 PST 2015

Jeff,
I feel this decision is very bad for the community.
I respect your decisions, but really hope you could reconsider your
resignation.

If this is due to Location Tech relationship or Bart letter this is a no
sense to me.
I have fight against the remote possibility of a take over from LT and
since LT is organizing the FOSS4G-NA in the year that see international
FOSS4G in North America (nor Europe nor Asia organized local continental
meeting when they hosted the international one) my doubts remains solids,
or at least i don't understand the approach of collaborating.

I'd recommend you take a few days before you make a final decision about
your resignation.

Best,
Maxi

> Jeff,
>
> I would very much hope that you reconsider this resignation. I feel your
> energy and passion are important here. You are very much needed.
>
> Please think this over.
>
> Mike
>
> Michael Smith
> OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
> treasurer at osgeo.org
>

> On 12/10/15,  11:17 AM, "Board on behalf of Jeff McKenna"
> <board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi Board,
> >
> >I hereby resign from the OSGeo Board of Directors.
> >
> >I always tried my best to represent the OSGeo community, and bring the
> >FOSS4G spirit to every corner of this planet.
> >
> >Thank you to everyone in this community.  I have tears now, not of
> >sadness, but for the community.  You each are special to me, and you are
> >doing good.
> >
> >My laugh and smile will be at every FOSS4G, no matter how small or what
> >country, sharing the true spirit of FOSS4G.
> >
> >I love both OSGeo and FOSS4G.  Nothing can ever change that.  I shared,
> >I learned, I made mistakes, I laughed, I cried, I thanked, I spoke, I
> >yelled, I met, I answered emails, I tried my hardest way beyond my
> >abilities and means, I gave my life and health, I spoke of "community"
> >around the world long before it became cool to do so, I, I tried to
> >always represent the community.  What I did most though, was listen. I
> >listened.
> >
> >Which brings me back on topic.
> >
> >Thank you everyone.
> >
> >Love,