[Board] Resignation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 04:00:16 PST 2015

Hi Jeff,
I'm hopeful that after a day or two you might provide considered thought
and responses to comments on this email thread.
When you do, here are a few things that might help with your considerations.

I see in you someone who has some wonderful characteristics which you
apply to OSGeo:
You are passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated to task.

There are a few things that sometimes cause friction:
You are passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated to task.

As with all of us, our strengths in one circumstance become a weakness
in another.

You have given much value to OSGeo and I'm sure there is much more that
OSGeo could gain from your continued involvement.

I acknowledge that you might think it time someone else is provided an
opportunity to shine as well, give another the opportunity to take on
some of the official tasks. However, I'm very hopeful that OSGeo is not
an "all or nothing" decision for you. As you know, there are many roles
that people play within OSGeo, and I'm hopeful that you might consider
aligning with at least one. One thing that immediately comes to mind is
the out reach role you have filled so well over the years. You are very
good at "touching the guy who sits in the back row and inspiring and
empowering them".

Warm regards, Cameron

//

Cameron Shorter,