[Board] f2f preparations: facilitator

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:17:26 PST 2015

I consider the board members to be effective leaders in their own right,
and that leadership is not limited to the board (as shown by the thoughtful
words by many of this on the discuss and board email lists).

Checking the bylaws it looks like there are several business functions that
reserved for the role of president. I am used to the concept of an
intern-ceo but am unfamiliar with working with an organization with a
distinct president role. Much of the bylaws have not been updated since
there was a distinction between president and chair of the board. We also
have an offer from Anulf to step in as "President Emeritus" (literally the
last person to hold the post).

1. leadership
2, officers:  chair of the board, a president, a secretary, and a treasurer
3. business functions of our organization (such as sending a letter this
week on behalf of OSGeo)

I want to be clear that although Jeff has stepped down with respect to the
business functions of our foundation has is no way stepped down as a leader
of our community.

Right now we have gap in our officers, I am only going to care if effects
the business function of our organization - which in the case of sending a
"endorsement letter" we will need to take action.
--
Jody