[Board] f2f preparations: facilitator

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Dec 20 11:10:05 PST 2015

Thanks a lot for your input Venka!

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan <
raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:

> I don't see the necessity of a facilitator at the board face-to-face
> in January since a) the board members have quite familiar we each
> other

​Sorry, can't confirm that :-)​
For me, "quite familiar" would be when I can tell reasonably well whether
someone is just joking or not. Currently, I don't feel like I could tell
for any board member.

I think most of the
> pending issues can be discussed and addressed by the board members.

​Yes, and that's absolutely necessary. The question is only if it would be
beneficial to have someone help with organization and a neutral perspective
(but Gert explained it much better already).

Being in Amsterdam, it would be great if we could meet up with Gert-Jan
> and other members of OSGeo.NL Local Chapter either prior to or after
> the board f2f to get their views and expectations about OSGeo Foundation.

​While that would be great, when exactly would you want to do that? Maybe
some members can stay longer but that certainly won't be the case for
everyone.

Best wishes,
Anita

​