[Board] f2f preparations: facilitator

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Dec 19 21:20:04 PST 2015

I have been to meeting that use facilitators before
where the meeting participants were meeting face-to-face
for the first time or where there was a wide gap in prior
knowledge of items in the meeting agenda.

I don't see the necessity of a facilitator at the board face-to-face
in January since a) the board members have quite familiar we each
other b) most of them have been with the OSGeo Foundation since
its inception and know about the issues and priorities quite well.

We have two full days for the meetings and I think most of the
pending issues can be discussed and addressed by the board members.

Being in Amsterdam, it would be great if we could meet up with Gert-Jan
and other members of OSGeo.NL Local Chapter either prior to or after
the board f2f to get their views and expectations about OSGeo Foundation.

Best

Venka