[Board] Fwd: FW: Your Delaware Annual Report is Due

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 3 05:45:22 PST 2015

On 2015-02-03 4:20 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Offtopic:
>
> I would like to suggest to think about getting rid of Dropbox. The
> default free size is small and if you share the content, it bites
> certain space of your account off.
>
> What about webdav? Ftp/Scp directly?
>
> Who is managing the dropbox anyway?

Hi Jachym, All,

The Dropbox folder was setup by Tyler initially for the transition of
his files to the Treasurer and Secretary at the time, and we continued
to use it as it was handy.

"Who is managing it?" ... nobody... the beauty of this type of service
is that there is no management involved for the users, just click the
share button and you're in business.

Ok, you probably meant "Who is in charge of it?" ... well, it used to be
the treasurer and secretary, so I guess you and Mike are in charge by
default.

I didn't realize that shared files coming from someone else were also
counted as part of your personal quota. IF that's really the case then I
can see why using Dropbox can be a problem for some. There are
alternatives such as Cubby which works equally well (I use it) and has
more friendly terms and pricing: https://www.cubby.com/pricing/ ... and
I believe OSGeo could pay the monthly fees for space for its Treasurer
and Secretary if it is decided that this is important.

My 0.02$ is that whatever you choose as a replacement, it has to be
simple and straightforward enough to allow sharing files with the
accountant in a transparent manner. Accounting is a continuing business,
the treasurer puts files in there at least once a week, and the
accountant needs to be able to easily access them, so if you choose
something that requires special tools then please keep in mind that this
may be an issue for the accountant.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette