[Board] Clarifying Board voting rules

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Feb 9 10:17:44 PST 2015

Jeff,
this is embarrassing :-)
(OSGeo expects their project to have a clear PSC voting procedure but it
has not.)

I would then change my vote to -1 (if rules permit this).
Motivation is that there is no rationale for the request: a detailed cost
estimate is in my opinion the base for any decision on allocating money for
a given purpose.
Otherwise why one should ask 10k and not 20k or 2k? How these money are
going to be spent?

Or can I ask 10k to run an event (hackathon) without providing details of
costs?

TO BE CLEAR, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST STUDENT AWARD, I'm 100% in favor, but I
would like to have a formulated request to get money.
That's all.

We could vote again this point to the next meeting, having a clear
rationale for this request.

If you would stack with my -0 not blocking vote, I still can live with ;-)

Maxi