[Board] Appoint GSoC admins

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:01:26 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Massimiliano Cannata <
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> As we are in hurry, I think we can proceed voting on the list and then
> maybe formally ratify in the next board meeting.
>
> @Margherita:
> Thanks again to you and Hamish for volunerring.
> I see some discussion on list about already preparing project ideas.
> Could you tell what is needed and by when from projects who wish to
> participate?

Right. I have sent an email about that to relevant lists. At this stage
(this week), dev teams are requested to set up the wiki pages collecting
the ideas for GSoC 2015. They will later be linked from a general wiki page
grouping all the projects together, that will be the showcase for OSGeo to
be evaluated by Google as mentoring organization.

Cheers,
Madi

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.