[Board] 2015 Budget

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 19 06:52:14 PST 2015

Board,

As you look at budget and finances, please keep in mind that some money
was earmarked for specific projects/activities in past years. I had
included a note to that effect in the 2013 budget spreadsheet in Google
Drive and that info got lost in the copy/paste to the Wiki

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LMsa4Udzi7pllRycFNa3Ov9j_r0hOiLJZR5rjPOUjvs/edit#gid=0

Here are the numbers I am referring to:

GDAL Project Funds (guestimate):	15,000.00
See: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SponsorshipFunds

OpenLayers Project Funds (approx):	6,500.00
Still being sorted out, see:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag1yfGJbP0RjdE1mYUduN21pTkF4TEs5dWp4Qm5iS1E#gid=0

Those numbers are approximate because there was no clear record of the
ins and outs related to those two projects in the accounting when I took
over as treasurer in 2011, and I never managed to sort those out with
the respective projects.

Now that the IRS situation is cleared, and given that the IRS doesn't
allow a non-profit to sponsor project coding directly, we have cancelled
the project sponsorship program and should sort out what we do about
those two amounts. I can work with Mike to help sort this out when you
are ready.

Daniel

On 2015-01-18 1:58 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Board and community,
>
> It's important that we now come up with a budget for the OSGeo
> organization for 2015.  This is a great opportunity for committees such
> as our Systems Architecture committee, or the Marketing committee, to
> request funding to be put aside for spending for specific needs.
>
> Thanks to a nice brief financial report from our Treasurer Mike Smith at
> the last Board meeting[1], we know that we have approximately 250,000
> USD cash on hand, plus another 100,000 USD to come from Portland FOSS4G
> profits shortly.
>
> I have started a template to record our 2015 budget in the wiki[2];
> please help update it if you can. (the numbers currently are from 2014,
> so everything needs to be updated)
>
> Thanks,
>

> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-01-15#Minutes
> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2015