[Board] Fwd: OSGeo CoC committee proposal

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Thu Jul 9 14:43:31 PDT 2015

Cameron,

I think this committee is a bit different and there are really two parts to
what this committee can do.

1) Discuss and help guide policy around the CoC as well as other
initiatives that can help increase diversity in our community

2) Respond and enforce to any reports of violations to the CoC

While it is extremely important to have open discussion with a group that
may grow and contract for #1, I think it's important to have an intentional
limit on the group that is privy to #2 so as to limit the scope of people
who are dealing with potentially very private information. I can see
perhaps having more voting members, but only if we created some sort of
executive committee of the committee that was much more limited.

David

David William Bitner
dbSpatial LLC
612-424-9932