[Board] Kicking off Elections 2015 process

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Jul 27 08:13:56 PDT 2015

Fully agree.

I'm for discussion and then ask for members opinion on few options. ;-)

(As we discussed privately) I strongly think we shall address one point at
a time and make substantial progress ;-)
Each slide of your presentation at FOSS4G-Europe is to me a topic to be
addressed :-o

Starting from the Website, which has to me priority 1 and where we should
state with CAPITALS that FOSS4G is the OSGeo conference.

Maxi

> Hi Maxi,
>
> Sure, no problems here to remove the question (Vasile asked for feedback
> and additional questions, I was giving my thoughts).
>
> By the way, those details that you mentioned could be worked through.
>

> -jeff
>

> On 2015-07-27 11:40 AM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>
>> @Jeff: I disagree to propose such a generic question without any
>> previous discussion and without presenting concrete options.
>> Here just some silly questions that came in my mind regarding this
>> proposal:
>> - What does it means represented by local chapters: nation wide, region
>> wise or continental wise?
>> - If a Boston local chapter exists and then there is North America local
>> chapter also, both shall be represented?
>>
>> In my opinion the board (as government) is there to discuss solutions
>> and when a consensus is not reached or the theme is particularly
>> important it shall present proposals/options to be voted by the community.
>>
>> Best,
>> Maxi

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica