[Board] [EXTERNAL] Re: motions from June 18 meeting

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:21:57 PDT 2015

I have to say that I don’t feel that I have enough information at this
point, to pass this. If we do have time, can we table this until the next
board meeting and use the intervening time to have a real public
discussion of this? As this is probably one if the most important issues
to our organization, I want to know what our members think and I don't
know that currently.

Another option I thought of would be to keep the current rule but add this
question to the charter member voting this year, so we really know what
our members think. Then if it passes we could apply to next year (or even,
if we feel its important enough, it could apply to this year).

So I'm -1 for now.

----
Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer