[Board] motions from June 18 meeting - making OSGeo Charter membership more exclusive

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Jun 21 00:44:18 PDT 2015

The issue of setting the selection criteria at 5% was discussed
after the last years Charter member elections [1].

There was no community discussion when the criteria was changed
to a threshold of 5%. So I do not see the logic in calling for a
community discussion now
on a matter in which the the community was never consulted, despite the
fact that
some of us expressed our apprehensions about lowering the threshold.

Venka

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-August/012016.html