[Board] motions from June 18 meeting - making OSGeo Charter membership more exclusive

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Sun Jun 21 00:52:20 PDT 2015

Hi all,

in fact, I do remember quite involved discussions around the whole procedure,
where the 5% were only one facet. There were arguments like "an applicant might
be disappointed when not elected, so let us put the barrier low". My view:
democracry is not about giving posts to everybody for avoiding "disappointment",
but to establish a leadership accepted by a majority (sic).

And I am concerned that a procedure seen as debatable by several members
(including me, BTW) should now be pursued further without an opportunity for
reconsideration. Obviously there is at the very least a need to find out whether
there is room for improvement.

-Peter