[Board] motions from June 18 meeting - making OSGeo Charter membership more exclusive

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 05:33:53 PDT 2015

Hi Venka,
As Peter notes, the minimum 5% YES votes was discussed amongst the
community (along with extensive discussion about many other aspects of
the proposal).
Here is one of the emails in the thread:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-July/013049.html

Hi Jeff,
I'd prefer not to have it implied that the 5% figure was "an error". It
was the final result of extensive community discussion. If you wish to
continue with changing this 5% threshold, then I request it be taken to
the OSGeo Discuss list first.

Warm regards, Cameron