[Board] motions from June 18 meeting - making OSGeo Charter membership more exclusive

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jun 22 09:09:12 PDT 2015

Margherita makes a very good point here, that if someone gets multiple
NO votes then they are probably not a good candidate. That's what I
would have thought as well.

However, after last year's election I was extremely surprised to see
that even the top-5 candidates which all got over 70% support also got
2-3 NO votes each:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2014_detailed_results

I don't understand why someone would vote NO for those 5 people as
charter members given track record. I can only imagine that not
everybody interprets the "NO" vote to mean the same thing...

Daniel