[Board] Responding to emails

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 7 06:51:33 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-07 7:30 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Regarding the comments that some OSGeo Board members purposely remain
> quiet: I'd remind all Board members to join discussions, share their
> opinions, even if it is a quick "+1" on a discussion.  We've all been
> voted here in this role to represent the community (or, think of a Board
> discussion as a ticket, an issue in Github {wait is that the future of
> the Board? it sure could be useful, if Board members prefer to tackle
> issues that way, and track them}.   Thanks for keeping this in mind
> everyone,
>
> -jeff

I fully agree with Jeff here: there should be nine strong voices on this
board list, discussing and seeking consensus in an open manner on every
topic. You (board members) were all elected to the board for being
leaders in your respective community, and those who voted for you expect
no less than to hear you speak up openly on all questions that come up
and that matter to them.

Yes, that's a tough responsibility, but nobody ever said that being on
the board was easy.

My 0.02$

--
Daniel Morissette