[Board] [Ica-osgeo-labs] Reminder of meeting tomorrow

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Wed May 20 16:13:41 PDT 2015

Dear Suchith, Jeff and all,
I would like to have some clarification, because due to my fault, I was not
able to follow deeply close the events.
So please, apologize me for the questions. I also think this could help in
clarifying some aspects to all others that are in my position.

I will list a list of event I remember on the Geo4All initiative, please
correct if it is wrong.

- OSGeo signed a MoU with ICA to support Open Source Geospatial Education.
- The ICA-OSGeo labs initiative started and labs started to join.
- ISPRS joined to ICA and OSGeo and a MoU was signed also with the
presidend of ISPRS
- Geo4All is the "nickname" used for the ISPRS-ICA-OSGeo labs initiative
- Suchith leads the effort, and together with other colleagues a number of
important actions was initiated (thanks)

Now, Geo4All requires some funds to support its initiatives to translate
the MoU in actions.

So, here my questions:
- Does a budget for Geo4All exists?
- ISPRS, ICA and OSGeo how they support the initiative, apart from having
signed the MoU?
- Why Geo4All need a website hosted in Nottingham and is not using the
OSGeo infrastructure, like the OSGeo committees (incubation, marketing,
etc.)?
- How Geo4All differentiates from the educational committee? Shall we
consider that committee dead and replaced by Geo4All?

As I already asked please apologize me for my lack of information.

Regards,
Massimiliano

> Thanks Jeff.
>
> Could i also remind you to please add the agenda item "ICA-OSGeo lab
> budget items reallocation" to the OSGeo Board meeting.
>
> I request that the  OSGeo Board to keep the  allocation same i.e $5k
> allocation  for ICA/OSGeo Labs from OSGeo budget  2015 (though it was
> earmarked fully for student travel) ,but change this into two components to
> support Student travel awards of FOSS4G 2015 Seoul (1500 USD ) and our
> additional website developments of 5 days with a budget of 3500 USD to
> support developers at University of Southampton (webmasters) to assist with
> the setting up of pages to support the regional chairs and the development
> of other supporting tools,such as an online annual reporting form.
>
> Details and further links of the community discussions on this at
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/ica-osgeo-labs/2015-May/001561.html
>
> Please contact us for any information needed. Thanks.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica