[Board] geoserver code sprint

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Nov 9 04:23:03 PST 2015

Hi Jody,

I think it will be hard for everyone to follow the new OSGeo board's
rule of not adding any topics to the board meeting 7 days or less before
the meeting (as I see you have added one).  I was thinking of that
today, before I saw your message (that it will be hard to not add more
items).  Maybe now you will see what I was saying during that
discussion, that important topics always come up in the few days before
the meeting (as you've noted here).  I have no problem with another
item, however now maybe you could listen to my earlier advice.

Regarding code sprint guidelines, the OSGeo Board can be approached for
funding assistance, and there actually are good guidelines and steps for
that process: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines

I would note that I am very open to supporting single-project code
sprints like this, thanks for championing this for GeoServer.

Another resource for you is OSGeo's code sprint mailing list, where many
past code sprint organizers live: subscribe at
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tosprint

-jeff