[Board] sponsor contacts

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Nov 13 02:31:34 PST 2015

Hi Jody, hi board,

Indeed I agree the Wiki page is not such good location for this.

About the current sponsor status. I’m actually a little upset about the way this was done all of a sudden when the GeoCat logo was removed from the sponsor page. We’ve been a long time sponsor and have _never_ indicated we would refrain from sponsoring. It was really the lack of action on the side of the board that caused GeoCat not to pay a yearly sponsor fee. At the moment, there is only one sponsor logo on the page. A company that is new to me, but that could be my personal ignorance. The problem I have with this is that I see no reason why they do have a logo / are recognized as a sponsor and GeoCat is not… How have they been able to pay while we were not?

I therefor ask OSGeo (board, person responsible for changing the page) to put GeoCat back as a sponsor with immediate effect while we work out the details of the future sponsoring.

Thanks for your attention, greetings,
Jeroen