[Board] Minutes from 12 November meeting

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue Nov 17 00:41:18 PST 2015

Dear All,
I was responsible for the motion after the above cited discussions.
My motivation was a bit provocative (and I expected some discussion that
didn't happen at all with my great disappointment) but at the same time I
wanted to give equity: or everybody can be reimbursed or nobody, this is my
point.

I'm fine with both options but not with a gray zone where someone get
reimbursed and/or free conference admission and someone not.

I agree, at this point this is a question for the charter members.

Maxi

> Dear Cameron, dear board
> I agree with Cameron's observation on this. It would be good to refine the
> motion and be explicit on what is and what is not funded by OSGeo. And if
> there is a substantial budget involved (>4000$ per year including
> conference fee discounts etc) I think this needs broader support from the
> community, possibly by asking charter members for their vote of support.
> Cheers,
> Jeroen
>
> > Op 16 nov. 2015 om 20:07 heeft Cameron Shorter <
> cameron.shorter at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> >

> >> On 17/11/2015 3:58 am, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> >> 2. MOTION: OSGeo to pay for travel and arrangements at FOSS4G Bonn for
> all board members if a F2F board meeting is planned for there
> >
> > OSGeo Board,
> > Is this the second f2f meeting within a year that the OSGeo board is
> proposing to be paid to attend?
> > Also is this the first OSGeo Board who would be all sponsored to attend
> a FOSS4G event?
> >
> > I'm concerned that this is a deviation from prior OSGeo principles, and
> looks externally to be self-serving.
> > I suspect that travel costs would become a reasonable percentage of
> OSGeo's budget should regular board travel be approved.
> > As such, I suggest it should be a line item in the OSGeo Vision as well
> as in the OSGeo budget. (I assume the current budget's travel allowance
> isn't sufficient to cover 2 board international trips?)
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Shorter,
> > Software and Data Solutions Manager
> > LISAsoft