[Board] sponsorship proposals

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:27:22 PST 2015

Breaking working group discussion
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/2015_Sponsorship_Drive_Working_Group> into a
distinct email thread (formally was sponsorship contacts).

I am starting to get feedback from parties interested in sponsoring:

* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_2015_Sponsorship

Thus far feedback has been very positive, a little bit of tension between
sponsoring local events and sponsoring OSGeo.

One question I was not able to handle to my satisfaction was what OSGeo
would consider a "small business".  My response was based on the country an
organization resides in. This has not held up in practice
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_and_medium-sized_enterprises> Europe
1-50 people, Canada 1-100 people, USA 1-500 people!

I liked the idea of leaving the "small business" with the local tax office
-
Jeff if you have a moment what did you want to consider a "small consulting
shop"

--
Jody Garnett