[Board] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Open GIS! Conference, Moscow, Russia, Nov 21-22

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 13 11:57:42 PDT 2015

As a followup on this, I have spoken to the Russian embassy in Ottawa
directly, and it should be possible to get a visa in time.  Of course I
must move fast.  I have registered for the conference, and I have been
speaking with Maxim about hotel location etc.  For this visa I must have
my flight ticket, hotel confirmation, etc included.  I have done lots of
research on this the past few days.  I have added an agenda item for
Thursday's board meeting for funding for my trip to this conference in
Moscow.

I have estimated the costs to be approximately:

    3221 CAD / 2500 USD

As background, back in April the previous board approved my travel to
the SDI-Open event in Brazil, for August (for upto 3500USD).
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-04-09  I wasn't able to
get the visa processed in time, so that funding was not used.

I believe this will be a great opportunity to promote OSGeo to the local
Russian community.

-jeff