[Board] Travel expenses for FOSS4G Seoul

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Oct 19 06:58:20 PDT 2015

Dear All, dear Jeff,
first of all I have to say that I'm for covering costs of the president for
FOSS4G-Seoul as it was agreed.

What I think is not correct is to pay "time" (maybe I misunderstood, then
apologize me) and in principle to pay for any travel to the OSGeo main
event (in the future).
Many people deserve many time to OSGeo, and I know the president is working
very very hard on this (I credit it fr sure, this is not the point).

If OSGeo want to recognize people's time in monetary way, that it is not so
president time is not so different from time of any one giving "his blood"
to OSGeo...

A different story is if OSGeo decides to employ someone to conduct some
work (dissemination, marketing etc..) and his time is payed and regulated
by a contract with objectives, tasks and goals.

Maxi

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra