[Board] minutes and motions for 2015-09-19 (Seoul)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 22 12:13:23 PDT 2015

Thanks for recording the minutes Maxi.  My votes are inline below:

On 2015-09-19 11:19 AM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> *Motions:*
>
>  1. Approve past meeting's minutes

+1

>  2. Create a new official Paypal account for OSGeo (and transfer the
>     money from the old account)

+1

thanks Mike for this.

>  3. OSGeo contact Web page: remove the form from the page and include
>     the list of e-mails (board address, president, tresurer, discussion
>     list, project mailing lists, etc..)

+1

I worked on this during the code sprint.  I stole some text from the
Apache Foundation's contact page.  http://www.osgeo.org/contact  Todo:
create a new contact page and disable the "feedback form" (the current
page) in Drupal.

>  4. Use Google infrastructure for mails and drive space

+1

This makes a lot of sense.  I setup Google infrastructure for another
foundation years ago ("Google Apps for Business"), which means actual
email accounts for their domain; they are still using that today.  At
the time it was free for 10 users, but even now if it is a few dollars a
month it is a no-brainer for having actual @osgeo.org mail accounts.

Nice to see that we/Board is open to tools that help us get-things-done
easily.

And thanks to Vasile for getting the Board elections voting going so
fast after Seoul.

-jeff