[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Looking for the keeper of the videos from FOSS4GNA- PDX (2014)

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Sep 24 00:52:29 PDT 2015

...just a note from the side: In my experience organizations like OSGeo
can get a lot more done if some people with official roles can have a
budget. Like in:

The officer XY can authorize expenditures of up to US$ XXXX without the
need to ask the board, make a motion, wait for all to answer, etc. The
officer will report expenditures at the next board meeting and stands
responsible. The board can at any time cancel any budget.

Officers could be: The President, SAC committe member, Marketing
Committee member, etc.

Process: The officer / committee member explains the need to the board
and requests for a budget. The board discusses and either grants or
denies the budget. Grants can be time limited. Every request has to be
renewed (annually, quarterly, monthly).

Could help to become more reactive and somewhat relieves the board.

Have fun,
Arnulf