[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Looking for the keeper of the videos from FOSS4GNA- PDX (2014)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 24 04:52:20 PDT 2015

+1 to that.

Note that there were precedents of working this way in the past for
specific things. For instance, when I was treasurer, we had a
pre-approved budget for professional services to help deal with IRS
non-profit status stuff. Also, SAC has pre-approved yearly budget to
deal with hardware so that we can order hardware parts to fix our
servers (for instance) using that budget without having to go back to
the board.

All this to say that this practice already exists and perhaps it needs
to be extended a little bit. We need to trust our directors (or
committee chairs) to make the right decisions, especially for small
amounts like this.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette