[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Looking for the keeper of the videos from FOSS4GNA- PDX (2014)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 25 12:12:18 PDT 2015

This has how it's always been, I see this each time someone asks for
funding for something like a sprint (<3000USD).  As mentioned, if the
committee or group already doesn't have a budget approved, then we must
approve each request as it comes.  But, that doesn't mean we can't
change this process.  I think one could start by working on a wiki page
outlining the new process for these needs, and then bring that to the
board.

I think we/OSGeo is now more actively looking to help
committees/sprints, and this is why you are seeing more requests (I know
myself I often promote that OSGeo can help in this way).  So I wouldn't
say broken, I'd say we might need to change a few things, sure.  But,
since we are do'ers here, if you think something is broken, my brain
says "fix it" :)

-jeff

On 2015-09-25 4:03 PM, Michael Gerlek wrote:
> By my count, it took 47 emails, including a formal board vote, to set up a $200 Vimeo account.
>
> Something seems broken here.
>
> -mpg
>

>> On Sep 25, 2015, at 2:59 PM, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This has been processed. The Vimeo account has been upgraded.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> ----
>> Michael Smith
>> OSGeo Foundation Treasurer