[Board] Motions from 2016-04-14 board meeting

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Thu Apr 21 02:03:43 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Sorry for being late. Please find my votes and comments inline.

On 4/19/16 4:33 AM, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please see the IRC logs[1], minutes[2], and motions[3] from the last board meeting.
>
> We have 5 motions:
>
> 1. MOT1: Approve prior meeting minutes from March 2016

+1

> 2. Transfer 10K USD Travel Grant for FOSS4G-2016 (acceptance of abstract not a precondition)

+1

> 3. MOT3: Financial support for OSGeo to get the OSGeo-Live DVD to the conference, Conferencia Internacional de Software Libre April (as suggested by vasile on ML)

0 - Nothing really to vote now. My plane departed before I had the
chance to present the request to the board. Then I was really busy with
FOSS4G-Romania (Cluj Napoca) [1], then I got a bad cold. Anyway, before
adding this item into the board meeting agenda I did sent an e-mail to
the marketing committee [2] asking for a way to go further. No answer
though. I'm a little bit disappointed.

> 4. MOT4: OSGeo to fund 2,000USD for OSGeo USB sticks at Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference (UMGEOCON 2016)

+1 I'm in favor to promote OSGeo projects via OSGeo Live at all relevant
events, of course if the budget allows. However, this decision should be
made by our marketing committee.

> 5. MOT5: Next meeting 12 May (Thursday)

+1

> Kind regards,