[Board] MOT: support UN Workshop participation

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Aug 19 17:43:42 PDT 2016

Dear Maxi,
I think that the UN should financially support your participation if they are serious about the initiative. Speaking from experience inside out it seems not so good practice to have people fund their own participation. And although money can be an issue within the system, it is definitely a matter of prioritizing. IMHO honest prioritizing towards the use of FOSS is reflected by the UN's will to fund this (minimal!) expense.
My 2 cents. Cheers,
Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
Jeroen Ticheler