[Board] 50K release to FOSS4G 2017

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Thu Dec 15 07:56:04 PST 2016

Dear OSGeo Board:
As per guidance from Helena and Michael Smith, the following provides the
basis for our request to be provided with the remaining $50,000 of the
$70,000 advance that has already been approved by the Board. We
intentionally wanted to split our receipt of the advance into two pieces
knowing that our initial needs would be less during 2016, but would
accelerate as we head into 2017. Hence, we respectfully request the
remaining $50,000 of advance, as the majority of our initial advance has
been spent. The following outlines the costs we anticipate and that this
advance will help cover:

   - Increasing involvement from our Professional Conference Organizer
   (e.g., they will be helping us and providing the platforms for registration
   and our call for presentations which are scheduled for January).
   - Payment of deposits on our gala venue and conference venue. We were
   successful in negotiating "progressive deposits" and we will have near term
   "second installments" coming.
   - Costs for advertising and marketing as we begin making louder noise.
   - Bringing on paid intern support during the first quarter of 2017.

One other positive thing to report, as of last week we have come to "verbal
agreement" to have Richard Stallman (founder of the Free Software
Foundation) be one of our keynote speakers. We should have a contractual
agreement very soon and will be adding his name to our web-site and to our
outbound communication.

Please let us know if you have any further questions...

MT

--
*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
www.AppGeo.com
*Celebrating our 25th Anniversary *

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise
authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute,
disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this
e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material
in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).