[Board] [EXTERNAL] Google is now accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Applications

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 9 10:32:17 PST 2016

On behalf of all OSGeo projects I'd like to extend huge Thanks to Madi
and Anne for volunteering once again to handle this, and making it easy
for OSGeo projects to have access to GSoC students funding.

It is not obvious to most people but there is quite a bit of work
involved behind the scenes to get OSGeo qualified for GSoC, and then
collect, evaluate, rank and manage student proposals, and finally
coordinate all administrative/followup tasks with Google over the rest
of the year. It's an effort that starts in February and ends in the
fall. If OSGeo manages to make it to GSoC year over year in large part
due to their hard work behind the scenes.

Thanks again

Daniel