[Board] [EXTERNAL] Google is now accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Applications

maria.brovelli at polimi.it maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Tue Feb 9 11:13:57 PST 2016

Yes, Daniel you are right.
Many many thanks to Madi and Anne!
Best!
Maria

Il 09/02/16 19:32, Daniel Morissette ha scritto:
> On behalf of all OSGeo projects I'd like to extend huge Thanks to Madi
> and Anne for volunteering once again to handle this, and making it
> easy for OSGeo projects to have access to GSoC students funding.
>
> It is not obvious to most people but there is quite a bit of work
> involved behind the scenes to get OSGeo qualified for GSoC, and then
> collect, evaluate, rank and manage student proposals, and finally
> coordinate all administrative/followup tasks with Google over the rest
> of the year. It's an effort that starts in February and ends in the
> fall. If OSGeo manages to make it to GSoC year over year in large part
> due to their hard work behind the scenes.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Daniel
>

> On 2016-02-09 7:00 AM, Michael Smith wrote:
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> It was great to work with Anne and Madi last year. They made it easy for
>> me.
>>
>> Mike
>> ----
>> Michael Smith
>> OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
>> treasurer at osgeo.org <mailto:treasurer at osgeo.org>
>>

>> From: Board <board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
>> <mailto:board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>> on behalf of Margherita Di Leo
>> <diregola at gmail.com <mailto:diregola at gmail.com>>
>> Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3:14 AM
>> To: osgeo-board List <board at lists.osgeo.org
>> <mailto:board at lists.osgeo.org>>
>> Cc: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com <mailto:a.ghisla at gmail.com>>
>> Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Board] Google is now accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor
>> Organization Applications
>> <mailto:michael.smith at usace.army.mil>>
>>
>>     Dear OSGeo Board,
>>
>>     first, we would like to congratulate and express our best wishes to
>>     the new configuration of the Board, and our gratitude to former
>>     President Jeff McKenna.
>>
>>     We are writing to inform that the GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization
>>     Applications are now open [0] and we (madi & anne) ask to be
>>     appointed also this year as admins for OSGeo. If OSGeo wishes to
>>     participate in GSoC also this year, we volunteer to take care of the
>>     administrative procedure as past years.
>>

>>     Thank you!
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>     Madi and Anne
>>     BlockedBlockedhttps://goo.gl/photos/jntxJ2tWjTTFwDUW8Blocked
>>

>>     [0]
>> BlockedBlockedhttps://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/get-started/Blocked
>>

>>     --
>>     Margherita Di Leo

4 February 2016: Ten years of OSGeo!

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)

Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321

e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it

e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it