[Board] hangout / work party reminder

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:22:07 PST 2016

Hi Jody, board,
Is there a URL for the OSGeo community to see the strategic plan as it
is getting developed? Could you please share it.
I'd encourage a "bazaar" over "cathedral" development model, giving the
community the opportunity to comment and make suggestions should they
wish to do so.

Warm regards, Cameron

On 26/02/2016 2:25 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Thanks for dropping by - as somewhat expected for a work party I did
> not get to write up the mins or work on logos. It seems the experience
> was good and productive, and I have figured out how to record the next
> session.
>
> General notes - feel free to reply with your own:
>
> - We managed to untangle the strategic plan copies (turns out the
> original was not editable so everyone made a copy causing confusion).
> The different edits have been brought back together into a single
> document and are being untangled. Still expected for end of Feb
> deadline, public release.
> - With respect to the strategic plan we also talked about a form to
> collect measurable actions ideas from the community. Really
> challenging to write a good form. Discussion focused on providing an
> example (say in a blog post) and limiting the form to a single idea at
> a time (submit multiple times if you have more ideas).  (IDEA: can we
> make a radio button to identify which strategic objective the idea is
> focused against?)
> - MS worked on updating the sponsorship page with geocat logo - we
> need a better quality logo to make this work (different sponsorship
> levels have different sizes of icons)
> - Amusing discussion around logos holding things up -
> gold/silver/bronze, projects/technology (eek!)
>

> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 24 February 2016 at 22:35, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com
> <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hangout / work party reminder:
>
>     *
>     http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2016&month=2&day=25&hour=14&min=0&sec=0%2015.00UTC
>
>     We are going to try having a hangout / work party to take some of
>     the strain off the monthly IRC meetings. The IRC meetings have not
>     proven up to the task of both discussing and actioning our
>     business items each month.
>
>     This is an experiment - in the interest of transparency we will
>     attempt to record a video of this session. That said it is a work
>     party and may not be entertaining watching. I plan to submit trac
>     tickets and possibly work on sponsorship logos :D
>     --
>     Jody Garnett

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager