[Board] hangout / work party reminder

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:27:07 PST 2016

Good question, I am not point of contact for the strategic plan so not my
call ...

I did write the high level objectives on the wiki (
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Strategic_Plan_2016) as you
can see from the work party notes a form is being developed to gather
actions from the community on these topics.

Personally I do not mind if the strategic plan is shared as it is under
development, but am apprehensive about collecting "actions" from the wider
community. Not because I am scared of the membership - because I am
concerned that the actions remain tight/focused/measurable and something we
can accomplish in 2016.  If that is not communicated clearly many actions
be submitted that cannot be used - leading to people feeling ignored.

--
Jody Garnett