[Board] geoforall cleanup

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:07:47 PST 2016

I have tried to help out, playing whack-a-mole for references to the
education committee on the website/wiki.

The key change has been a redirect
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Education_and_Curriculum_Committee&redirect=no>
from the education committee to the GeoForAll
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll> page.

The GeoForAll page has a slightly modified teaser:

*"Geo For All" is a successful initiative
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_ICA> started by ICA and OSGeo which has
now expanded to include additional organizations.*

And added the details to the intro.

*GeoForAll is setup as an OSGeo committee with representation by initiative
members, for more information see GeoForAll History
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_History>.*

I have preserved the original content as GeoForAll
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_History> History (carefully writing
the past tense).

The one thing I do not have permission to do is change the "main_page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Main_Page>" which stubornly lists Education
and Curriculum Committee (pointing to the redirect).

I have created a "trac" ticket for updating the Main_Page text:

* https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1638

If you have any additional corrects please add them as comments to this
ticket.
--
Jody Garnett